Medical Spanish Course Highlights
- Minimum duration: 2 weeks.
- 30 classes/week: 20 classes of morning general Spanish + 10 afternoon classes of Medical Spanish
- Maximum 6 students in the afternoon.
- You can join this course any Monday. In case there are only one or two students per level in the Medical Spanish module, the 10 afternoon classes may be substituted by five 60-min individual lessons per week.
- 2 cultural activities per week.
|Courses (per week)||1 wk||2 wks||3 wks||4 wks||Xtra wk|
30 classes + 2 activities/week
Medical Spanish Course Summary
Interviewing a patient is the main focus for a medical professional working in a Spanish-speaking environment, as this will be the way they will collect their information.
It is common, though, for foreign doctors to use interpreters for patient interviews with speakers of Spanish.
In order to overcome these kinds of limitations, the Medical Spanish course is designed around the patient interview and a host of sub-tasks that form part of the routine work of a medical professional or doctor.
Areas of focus for Medical Spanish lessons include:
- The family and social background of the patient.
- The Spanish heath system: a description.
- The medical history of the patient.
- Anatomy: revising parts of the body.
- Pain: vocabulary and asking questions about different types and places of pain.
- Inflammations and infections.
- The systems of the body: vocabulary and expressions necessary to describe and discuss the related organs, diseases and symptoms, diagnosis and treatment and instructions for carrying out a medical examination related to the following systems:
- Cardiovascular and respiratory
- Toxicology: the most common toxics; symptoms; questions to be directed to the patient or a third party; preventative measures.
Linc Spanish Class Times
For the Medical Spanish course,